Problems typically found on track of questionable design and/or construction are:
- Improper gauging of track and guard rails.
- Use of apparently railroad-based designs not suitable for Light Rail Circulator System rolling stock with street
- railway wheels and/or the curvature employed on the system. (See Figure 3.)
- Failure to understand the criticality of certain crucial track dimensions and tolerances under small radius circumstances.
- Employment of design details that increase the cost and complexity but have no payback in terms of performance or utility