Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Night Allergy Links

Ughh I've never had allergies before, but perhaps something crazy in the air has got me going. Anyways, short links list...but I had to post something while I'm just laying here on the couch.

BART Board will decide how to raise parking fees. I have another idea for them to think about, how about banning people that clip their nails on BART. Yeah you guy sitting across from me the other day.
~~~
Salt Lake City is employing some interesting construction methods for the West Valley LRT. They are using foam blocks as the subsurface for an embankment.

Photo from KSL.
~~~
The GAO has released a report on HSR. I expect Robert and crew to get to the details. Thanks to the anon poster who linked in the comments.
~~~
Don't rely too much on modeling. Sky is blue today.
~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

foam blocks are not unusual for road overpasses, at least in australia. normal polystyrene extruded foam has a crush strength of 25psi which is plenty for many embankments.