Your "tax" dollars at work. Why can't we keep it at home?
Prepared by the Emirate’s Department of Transport, with assistance from Mott MacDonald and Steer Davis Gleave, the master plan aims to create a comprehensive public transport network connecting Abu Dhabi island and the international airport with the UAE’s planned new capital city. The main proposals include:
- 590 km of regional high speed railway linking Abu Dhabi with neighbouring emirates and countries;
- 130 km of metro lines linking key areas in Abu Dhabi, including the airport, the new capital city, Yas Island and the central business zone;
- 30 tram projects in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain totalling 340 km;
- highway improvements totalling 1 560 route-km;
- demand management measures to support the infrastructure, including parking management and possible congestion charges.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Unofficial Gas Tax
This is what you're paying for in other cities around the world: