Friday, July 17, 2009

OT: Hook 'Em Walter

I am not old enough to be in the era of Walter Cronkite reading news. But I did experience him through a connection with my University, one that runs very deep. His voice is masterful and I can only imagine what it was like to hear him nightly. But if you're a Longhorn this hits you pretty hard, especially when the memories of your school are tied so well together by the imagery of Austin and his voice.



You can see all the spots he voiced for the University of Texas here. May you enjoy a Shiner in the sky good sir. Tell Arthur and J Fred I said hi. Hook 'em.

3 comments:

whiteguyfromtheprojects said...

Seattle's Link Light Rail opens tomorrow! Let's get a post on that!

EvergreenRailfan said...

I second that, I might be there tomorrow. It's been a tough 13 year fight to build what is opening, many mored decades to build anything.

Walter Cronkite, Rest in Peace. Part of me feels like the news died with him. He represented a different era.

T-11 hours, 15 minutes to opening of LINK LRT, I think.

Anonymous said...

I have a Long Horn T-Shirt, my cousin went to school in Austin.