Monday, August 4, 2008

In San Diego...

Whew...sorry I was gone so long....what did I miss? I was in Houston for a little while and now I'm in San Diego for the ESRI International Users Conference. Learning some interesting things about the future of Geographic Information Systems and what we can expect in the future, like real time data updates from mobile phones. Cool stuff.

So after things wrapped up I went and took a few pictures. You know me...

So the next two pictures are from Barrio Logan in San Diego. A case study was done of the Affordable Housing near the station in the New Transit Town. I was a bit underwhelmed but understand that it was a step in the right direction. It's a not so great part of town that could really use some infrastructure boost and movement on what has already been accomplished. As of now it seems a bit stalled and not much attention has been paid to details outside the station area.



Here is downtown from the convention center.


And here is the end of the Orange Line where two cars were coupling into a three car train for the evening rush hour.

2 comments:

kenf said...

The ESRI software is nice. Too bad isn't affordable, and running on a Mac!

Unknown said...

I was at the ESRI conference last year. Neat stuff, and yes, it can be quite expensive if you're not a non-profit. ;)